Work from home brings along with it great advantages. A corner of a room or a space with a laptop, mobile & necessary documents can lead a person to make up productive mind set up and a way to manage work. One of the major plus point is the fact that you don’t have to spend hours on travelling from their home to the office during the rush-hour or in a critical situation of COVID 19. Secondly, you can also utilise the time more effectively and will be protected from COVID 19.
Table of Contents
Set up office at home to create a comfortable work environment.
Setting up a home office can greatly improve your productivity and create a comfortable work environment. Here are some steps and tips to help you set up an effective home office:
Choose a Dedicated Space:
Select a quiet and comfortable area in your home where you can set up your office. Ideally, it should be away from distractions and have enough space for your work essentials.
Furniture and Ergonomics:
Invest in a good desk and chair to create an ergonomic workspace. Make sure the height of the desk and chair are comfortable for long periods of work. Consider a sit-stand desk for added flexibility.
Natural light is ideal, but if that’s not possible, choose a well-lit area with artificial lighting. Use task lighting for your workspace to reduce eye strain.
Technology and Equipment:
Ensure you have the necessary technology and equipment, including a reliable computer, ergonomic keyboard and mouse, a good-quality monitor, and any other tools required for your work.
A stable and high-speed internet connection is crucial for remote work. Consider upgrading your plan if necessary and position your workspace close to the router.
Keep your workspace organized. Use storage solutions like shelves, cabinets, or organizers to keep your office supplies and documents in order.
Personalize your space with items that inspire and motivate you. Plants, artwork, or other decor can make your home office a pleasant place to work.
If possible, choose a quiet area for your home office. Consider noise-canceling headphones or background music if you need to drown out external sounds.
Clearly communicate your work hours to family members or housemates to minimize disruptions. Use visual cues like a closed door to signal when you’re in work mode.
Security and Privacy:
Ensure that your home office has adequate security measures for your work-related documents and equipment. Use secure passwords and consider a VPN for added online security.
Video Conferencing Setup:
Test and set up your webcam, microphone, and lighting for virtual meetings. Make sure your background is professional and free from distractions.
Backup and Data Security:
Regularly back up your work and ensure that your data is secure. Consider using cloud storage or an external hard drive.
Comfort and Health:
Pay attention to your comfort and health. Take breaks, stretch, and maintain good posture to avoid strain and fatigue.
Set up communication tools such as email, messaging apps, and project management software to stay connected with colleagues and clients.
Remember that everyone’s home office needs are unique, so tailor these tips to fit your specific work requirements and personal preferences. Regularly assess and update your home office setup to ensure it continues to meet your needs.
Make a dedicated work space and work schedule
You should make plan first for how to set up office at home. Make a dedicated work space if you want to be as efficient and productive as possible. A dedicated closed room is better for home office, it will be make a barrier to interrupt you when you are in an official meeting. Proper arrangement in the room with proper dress up will make you physically and mentally perfect professional. If you don’t have a dedicated room, don’t think. your entire house or in living room, in bed room or any other space or corner of the room may becoming the work space. You can utilise your spare time in work but you should maintain a work schedule to balance in family and professional life.
Necessities set up office at home
Make a budget for your home office or work space. If you are an employer or a business owner you can plan as per your business, if you are an employee you should ask to your employer for a budget. In the both situation you may need some investment as per your requirement. You can choose from our recommendation, we recommended-
- Office furniture is the first requirements for a work space. You may need proper table – Small Table, Standard Table, Premium Table, Chair – Normal Chair, Standard Chair, Premium Chair that will make your feelings perfect.
- Computer, you need it for making official documents, drawings, progress report, mail and video conference. You can choose a desktop (Regular desktop, Professional Desktop) computer when you work in a fixed space only, if your work space is not fixed then you should choose Laptop (Regular Laptop, Standard Laptop, Professional Laptop).
- Camera and accessories – If you are deal as add agency, you must require a best camera for photography and videography. Choose your camera (SJCAM SJ4000 wifi 12MP Full HD camera, Sony HDRCX405 9.2MP HD Handycam Camcorder, HD USB Webcam for PC, Lightweight Tripod, Tripod Stand with Light, Microphone with Audio Cable) now.
- A headphone is the best way to make prominent discussion in the conference or listen to light music. it will be helpfull when you are speaking to someone through mobile. You can choose as per your budget – Headphones with Mic for PC and mobile, boAt Rockerz 255 Sports Wireless Headset.
- Wifi dongle is a useful wireless internet connection for your home office, If your work mainly through internet then a fixed wired connection is the best option in this situation. Local telephone authority and local cable operators are provide the wire internet connection. You can choose wifi dongle if required –JIO Reliance 4G Router Jiofi, VIBOTON Smacc USB WiFi Adapter, For wifi connection in laptop and mobile- TP-LINK TD-W8961N 300Mbps fixed Antenna Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router.
- An uninterruptible power supply or uninterruptible power source (UPS) is an electrical apparatus that provides emergency power to a load when the input power source or mains power fails. Choose a UPS for your desktop / computer – Microtek Tuff Power Pro+ 650VA UPS.
- Printer and Scanner – A printer is a device that accepts text and graphic output from a computer and transfers the information to paper, usually the inkjet printer, laser printer used. Scanner is used for scan a hard copy documents and convert it into a soft copy.HP Laserjet Pro M126nw Multi-Function Direct Wireless Network Laser Printer. HP DeskJet 1112 Single Function Inkjet Colour Printer.
Pros and Cons of Home office